Thank you for visiting my website. I hope you’ll stay a while and take a look around.
I am a business school professor and research innovation communities as a form of social media that also supports organizational knowledge management. I am particularly interested in social exchange, group dynamics and emergent leadership.
- Since July, 2015, I am an Associate Professor of Commerce at U. of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce in picturesque Charlottesville, Virginia.
- In Fall, 2015 I co-taught a Systems and Strategy course with Prof. Ira Harris in the MS Commerce program.
- In Spring, 2016, I’m excited to teach a course in Project Management.
- From 2008-2015, I was an Assistant Professor at Temple U. Fox School of Business where I taught numerous courses for undergraduates, graduate students, and doctoral students.
- From 2003-2008, I was a doctoral student at U. of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business.
My research has appeared in top-tier management journals of Management Information Systems Quarterly, Organization Science, and Information Systems Research as well as at international conferences sponsored by leading academic organizations including the Academy of Management, the Association of Information Systems, and the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
- Follow this link for my Google Scholar profile.
I have a degree in computer science, an MBA, and a PhD in information systems. My doctoral dissertation studied the role of leadership in continued participation in online communities.
I have taught numerous undergraduate and graduate courses including: social media innovation, information technology management, systems, and business intelligence. I was a pioneer in gamification in higher education, creating an undergraduate course on Social Media Innovation that included a Social Media Innovation Quest.
Before pursuing my doctoral studies, I worked in the information technology industry for 15 years. Working in a variety of roles spanning software development, IT sales and marketing, and IT project management I aided numerous Fortune 500 organizations in multiple industries including financial services, healthcare, and insurance.
I am an affiliated faculty with the of the Research Group on Complex Collaboration at the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University.